blood.sweat.tears music syndicate | est. 5.02

Friday, May 14, 2004

Review: Skare Tactic - Remember When


artist: skare tactic
album: remember when
label: thorp records
released:


by: rob tatum

There really are a lot of bands out there that play generic old school hardcore. Skare Tactic is exactly one of those bands. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, but there’s really nothing special about this album. It’s got energy, passionate lyrics, and breakdowns, but then again, so does every other album from this genre.

I don’t want to pick on Skare Tactic because the band pulls off what they wanted with this album. Remember When is fast-paced from start to finish. Keith Boyle shouts out angry, heartfelt lyrics. The band backs him up with typical breakdowns and blastbeats. The problem is that there is nothing new brought to the table. The album runs together and bores the hell out of me.

I’m sure I have mentioned before that this isn’t my genre, and I don’t mean to attack the bands that play this style of music, but I really have trouble giving them a lot of praise. I know that they work hard just like any other band out there, but the lack of innovation pulls them down. Not to mention, the fact that this album is 11 songs long, but there are 27 tracks and 15 of them are just four seconds of silence is enough to really irritate me.

favorite song: "collapse"

rating: 70%/100%

listen to skare tactic

No comments: