blood.sweat.tears music syndicate | est. 5.02

Saturday, May 17, 2003

Review: Malicious Intent - Demo

artist: malicious intent
album: demo
label: none
released:

by: rob tatum

Can you say metal? I think these guys can. I don’t know if it’s the name that gives it away, or maybe it’s the brutal intro of "Welcome to the Revolution" and crazy metal frenzy that follows. This band is probably best described by comparisons to Slayer or Hatebreed.

The music is heavy, intense metal with a touch of hardcore and hard rock. The vocals are deep, hoarse screams similar to Slayer. The demo didn’t come with lyrics, and I can’t really comprehend much of it. There are some parts that I like, especially the riff in "Shadows Grip", but I just can’t get over the vocals. They are just terrible. Maybe I need to warm myself up with some Slayer before listening to this, but it does nothing for me.

I’m not a fan of death metal. Bottom line. I guess if I was, I would venture out to Jersey and check these guys out. I like some metal, but this is not that metal.

favorite song: "Shadows Grip"

rating: 56%/100%

listen to malicious intent

No comments: