blood.sweat.tears music syndicate | est. 5.02

Saturday, May 17, 2003

Review: Point Line Plane - Self-Titled


artist: point line plane
album: self-titled
label: xeroid records
released:

by: rob tatum

I really have a hard time only focusing on the negatives of an album, but there is no way around it with this. It is flat out balls awful. I never thought I could sum up a review with just two words, and well, now I have. Point Line Plane is two members, one on drums, and the other on keyboards, singing some of the most irritating garbage I have ever heard. Musically, there is nothing but a drum beat with some random ass keyboards, one part sounds like an organ, while the next like a bass guitar. For the most part it’s blistering fast and the vocals are incomprehensible. There are some slower songs, but they are just as irritating. The music almost takes a dancy feel to it at times, which is an improvement over the grindcore that occurs in some of the songs. The short instrumental interludes make it even worse.

If you happen to be a fan of the Blood Brothers, Mogwai, grindcore, techno, and keyboards, then you might actually like this. If you are a fan of all of that, then you need your head checked. Listening to this was a complete waste of my time. I repeat my conclusion: Balls awful.

favorite song: none

rating: 25%/100% (for the couple drum fills that were decent)

listen to point line plane

No comments: