blood.sweat.tears music syndicate | est. 5.02

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spotlight - April 8, 2008

So I've been listening to a lot of local bands that I was into during high school, and it got me thinking, why don't I spotlight a few of the more recent projects from members of those past favorites?

Below you will find a trio of bands that contain members of past local bands Pinhead Circus, Qualm, The Facet, and Shogun (to name a few).

Rob's Spotlight for April 8, 2008:

  • Only Thunder - Back and Forth
    • Solid, melodic, and just a great listen. These guys are in the studio recording their first full length right now and I for one, can't wait.
  • Mustangs and Madras - TB TAFY
    • Unique band. The music has great flow and really grabs the listener. There's nothing wrong with the water north of Denver.
  • Love Me Destroyer - Like White Noise
    • The most established of these bands. I won't call it poppy, but it is definitely catchy (just like Pinhead Circus). These guys are fun to listen to.
Until next time, keep rockin'.

No comments: