blood.sweat.tears music syndicate | est. 5.02

Tuesday, November 5, 2002

Spotlight: My Chemical Romance

bst spotlight band.

Having only been around for about a year, My Chemical Romance burst into the punk/emo scene with their first release, I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love, on Eyeball Records. This is the same label that released Thursday’s first album, Waiting. MCR combines fast-paced melodies with heartfelt vocals, creating a distinct sound all their own. Lyrically the band writes somewhat twisted love songs encompassing lyrics such as “These hands stained red, from the times I’ve killed you and then we can wash down this engagement ring with poison and kerosene.” Musically, the band combines everything from simple punk melodies to intricate harmonies and even the occasional sing-along. All in all, the band is nice change of pace from typical emo and hardcore bands and doesn’t bore the listener like a generic punk band. Check them out at: http://www.mychemicalromance.com.

my chemical romance official website


listen to my chemical romance

No comments: